"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Trying A New RV Park

Above, The Beast after setting up camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I have a dentist appointment tomorrow in Albuquerque, I figured that I would get some use out of The Beast and try out a new (to me) campground/RV Park.

This time I am at the American RV Park. Roger, one of my Jamestown friends, recommended it.

Above, the main office and store building. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is a nice park ($41/night for a back in campsite, not counting the Good Sam discount. 

If the office and its building are any indication, this appears to be a nice, clean campground. The only oddity was trying to find the water spigot at the campsite, but eventually I did. It is not above-ground, but is below-ground with a cover. 

Above, The Beast at the campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The only thing I didn't like about that were the spiders where the spigot is. I couldn't help but think of Gomer Pyle in an old Andy of Mayberry episode where the gang was going to restore an old gazebo or band stand and Gomer didn't want to go under it due to spiders.

The sites aren't as spacious as the Route 66 RV Resort that's about 6 miles west, but roomy enough so that campers aren't too close to each other. One thing it has over the Route 66 RV Park: shade trees! 

Above, a general view of the RV park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before going to the dentist tomorrow, I will see about getting a haircut first.

Before checking into the campground, I stopped at Camping World across the freeway, but found it is closed on Sundays, which I found was odd. But at least it will be open tomorrow morning at 8:00. We'll see.

No comments:

Search This Blog