"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 6, 2021

Campgrounds & RV Parks Along I-40 In Arizona

In the next few weeks, I'll have relatives visiting here in Jamestown, New Mexico. They will be traveling in their new Class C motorhome. They'll be coming in from Southern California.

We were talking about the trip on Interstate 40 and I mentioned several campgrounds and RV parks that I've stayed at along this route since 2017. This gave me the idea for this post.

The drive is roughly 670 miles from start to finish. Generally, most people will go roughly half way and stay the night at an RV park. Others will go a little beyond half-way to make the second day's drive shorter. So I am including campgrounds and RV parks that are a little more than half-way.

Seligman, Arizona

The RV park I've stayed at that's closest to being half way was in Seligman, Arizona. It was the Seligman KOA Kampground. I stayed there when I moved from California to New Mexico. 

Above, Seligman (Arizona) KOA Kampground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Williams, Arizona

I stayed twice at the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA Journey during two different trips during recent years. It is one of two KOAs in Williams. During winter months, this one remains open while the other (Circle Pines KOA) is closed for the season. I stayed at the Circle Pines KOA back in the early 1990s.

Above, the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Winslow, Arizona

Meteor Crater RV park is the closest RV park to Meteor Crater. It is 21 miles from Winslow, Arizona. This is a nice park and I stayed here in 2017. 

 

Above, at Meteor Crater RV Park near Winslow, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.



Holbrook, Arizona

The last campground spotlighted in this post is the Holbrook KOA Kampground. It is a nice campground with plenty of shade. I stayed here when I took an overnight trek to visit Jack Rabbit Trading Post in nearby St. Joseph, Arizona. They serve meals in the evening, in case one doesn't want to cook, during the summer.

Above, the Holbrook KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There are other RV parks and campground along the way, but these were the ones I actually stayed at and would recommend.

No comments:

Search This Blog