"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 22, 2022

"Elvis" (2022) Blu-ray


My Christmas present from my ex-roommate Jessica arrived today and I just finished watching it.

It was a Blu-ray of Elvis (2022), a biographical movie on Elvis Presley, but it mainly focused on Col. Tom Parker.

From Wikipedia:

Elvis is a 2022 biographical film directed by Baz Luhrmann, written by Luhrmann, Sam Bromell, Craig Pearce and Jeremy Doner. It follows the life of the rock and roll singer and actor Elvis Presley, told from the perspective of his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, whose financial abuse of him is a major focus. It stars Austin Butler as Elvis with Tom Hanks as Parker, while Olivia DeJonge, Helen Thomson, Richard Roxburgh, David Wenham, and Kodi Smit-McPhee co-star.

I wasn't going to buy this movie as I generally dislike docudramas. Invariably, they get things wrong or just make stuff up. Such is the case with this film. But since it was a gift, I watched it during dinner.

As a movie, it was too disjointed for me to enjoy. It mixed up time periods and events. Songs that didn't come along until later in Elvis's career were used in earlier time periods. The acting was good, I have to admit. Tom Hanks's make-up as Tom Parker was great and the set designs were superb. Hanks, though did not capture Parker's actual accent. 

Sorry, this movie did not do it for me.

My grade: C.

No comments:

Search This Blog