"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Monster Centennials 8 Years From Now

Above, Boris Karloff as the Monster in a publicity still. Photo by Universal Pictures.

For tonight's New Year's Eve dinner movie, I watched the 1931 Frankenstein starring Boris Karloff, Colin Clive, Mae Clarke, John Boles, Dwight Frye and Edward Van Sloan.  It had been a while since I last viewed it.

Since tomorrow will be 2023, it occurred to me that the movie will be 92 years old as well as Dracula with Bela Lugosi, Helen Chandler, Edward Van Sloan, David Manners and Dwight Frye. 

Above, Edward Van Sloan and Bela Lugosi in a publicity still. Photo by Universal Pictures.

Eight years from next year, both films will be celebrating their centennials. Will Universal Pictures have any whoop-de-doos to celebrate? I'd imagine they will (well, there's money to be made). 

I guess I'll have to hang on for eight more years to find out.

No comments:

Search This Blog