"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Looking Back At 2022

Above, at the HHS 50ish Multi-Class Reunion with Debbie and Karen.

As a year, 2022 wasn't too bad of a year for me.

The main problem with the year was the high gasoline prices that swept the nation. This forced me to skip the spring clampout of the Lost Dutchman Chapter of E Clampus Vitus. It would have cost me over $500 in fuel costs for the round trip.

Above, at the fall clampout of the Lost Dutchman Chapter, ECV.

However, prices did moderate enough for me to go to the fall clampout near Williams, Arizona. The prices moderated enough for more trips, albeit nearer to home.

My ex-roommate, Jessica, came over for a visit and we took a camping trip up to Durango, Colorado to ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad train to Silverton and Bar D Chuckwagon show & dinner and do some boating at Navajo Lake State Park.

Above, Jessica and I at the Bar D Chuckwagon dinner and show in Durango.

I then took another trip to Colorado to attend the John Wayne Cancer Foundation's half marathon near Ridgway, where scenes of True Grit (1969) were filmed. There, I met Patrick and Ethan Wayne, the two living sons of John Wayne. 

Above, yours truly with Patrick Wayne near Ridgway, Colorado.

After that, I headed up to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park for a few days and took the Goulding's Lodge morning tour of Monument Valley. The route of the tour was different than the afternoon tour I took in 2016, which made the trip more enjoyable as I was able to see the park's features from different perspectives.

Above, yours truly at Artist's Point in Monument Valley.

In September, I made the first trip to L.A. since I moved to New Mexico for the Hawthorne High School 50ish Multi-Class Reunion in El Segundo. I had a nice time and during the trip I visited with Dawn Brown in the San Fernando Valley for a bit after arriving.

Above, at Pancho's with Mark Holloway, Mitch Geriminsky and Dwight Kuntz.

I was able to go to Manhattan Beach for dinner at Pancho's and King Harbor in Redondo Beach. It still looked the same and the food was good. Mark Holloway joined Mitch, Dwight and I there. Mark was another Hawthorne High classmate.

It was sad to see how deteriorated California had become under Democrat and Gov. Gavin Newsom's rule. I really couldn't wait to get back home to New Mexico. Gas prices were over $5.00/gallon. Some stations charged over $6.00/gallon. Pitiful.

At home, I attended all of the rodeos during the summer, including the Wild Thing Bullriding at Red Rock Park. They were all entertaining. 

Above, Mitch and I at King Harbor in Redondo Beach. Photo by Dwight Kuntz.

The vehicles (Mustang, Jeep and Minnie Winnie) behaved themselves for most of the year with the only mechanical need was for fix the Mustang's starting issue earlier this month. It turned out that the problem was the distributor cable to the coil was badly corroded. 

Above, with cousin Maria and her husband Fred at the El Rancho Hotel.

Other visitors this year included Larry Bach, Mitch Geriminsky and Dwight Kuntz and my cousin Maria and her husband Fred. It was especially nice to have family members over for the first time since I moved to New Mexico.

Hopefully, next year will be just as good or even better than this year.

Leaving LAX:

No comments:

Search This Blog