"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 18, 2022

"McLintock!" and JFK Cortege

While working on a blog post of the CIA's involvement in the JFK assassination along with one of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s reaction to a Tucker Carlson report on it, I happened to see a video of the JFK funeral cortege.

It was the cortege that took JFK's casket to the Capitol to lie in state. I remember watching it when it happened and noticed one thing that stuck in my mind since (I was nine years old at the time). At one point, the caisson passes a movie theater and on the marquee was the John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara western, McLintock! Prior to this, we had gone to the movies and saw the movie and enjoyed it very much.

In the video, the caisson approaches the theater. I took a couple of screenshots of it and they are posted below. The marquee is in the background on the right.



I thought this was a bit of interesting historical trivia.

No comments:

Search This Blog