"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Facebook Ad: Counterfeit Coins!

There's an old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!"

Recently, I saw an ad on Facebook for a 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar Centennial and 2022 American Silver Eagle coins for $24.99 each.

Here's the ad:


On the good side, the coins arrived.

On the bad side, they looked different from other Morgan dollars and American Eagle coins I have. I was going through my coins tonight and, on a whim, I Googled on how to spot counterfeit American Silver Eagle coins from this site.

Here's the coins:


I tried the magnet test and, sure enough, both coins stuck to the magnet. They're fakes! For the fun of it, I tested the Niue Godzilla silver coin and it passed the test, it didn't stick.

After I ordered the coins, more ads popped up on Facebook under different names but everything else was the same (graphics, text, etc.). 

The return address on the shipping package is 12500 Slauson Ave., Unit B1A, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670. It also indicates "not seller address". Yeah, right.

I looked up the address and found it for JET International Logistics US and sent them a notice:


I notified my friends who also bought these coins and they're checking them. I have also posted a notice on a Fraud Alert Facebook group (subject to admin. approval). I have also notified my bank and filed a claim. According to my bank, the payee was Shopwoon in Nanjing, China.

This appears to be a counterfeit ring originating out of China and JET International Logistics US is their distribution center. Dahliasun looks to be a front website under them for the direct sales of the counterfeit coins. Along with counterfeiting, mail fraud is also involved since they're using the USPS in mailing the merchandise and using the USPS logo in their receipts.

At least this wasn't major, I'm only out $50. From hereon, I am sticking with reputable dealers that I already know.

2 comments:

Gary said...

So sorry.

I buy all my coins from JM Bullion - https://www.jmbullion.com/

Armand Vaquer said...

I had some suspicions, but decided to take a chance. I checked around and found nothing negative before ordering. Good looking coins, too bad they're counterfeits. I also use JM Bullion and SD Bullion.

Search This Blog