"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Comet Shoot

Early tomorrow morning, I am going to attempt taking some photos of Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) with my Canon Revel T5i. I have never taken time exposures with a digital SLR, so this will be a new experience for me.

I am in the perfect area for astro-photography as the Milky Way is very spectacular on clear nights.

Above, Comet Hale-Bopp in 1997. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did take some time exposures of Comet Hale-Bopp back in 1997. I was using my Olympus OM-1 35mm SLR film camera. A neighbor and I went to Acton, California to do the photography, where it was nice and dark between the San Fernando Valley and Palmdale. I was pleased with the results I got. 

Right now, I am charging the camera's battery. I just hope I can accomplish this even though it will be bone-chilling cold.

UPDATE (2/2/23):

I decided to skip going out to shoot the comet (with the camera). It is 14° outside and I found that extremely cold temperatures wreak havoc with digital cameras. Plus, there are some clouds.

No comments:

Search This Blog