"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Took A Spill

Above, the Stetson that kept me from getting a head injury or worse. 

It took five years, but it finally happened.

I have some black ice on a walkway between the house and garage. I slipped on it and landed on my shoulders and back. The walkway just looked wet, but it had a layer of ice on it.

Thanks to my Stetson, I would have hit my head, but didn't. The Stetson stopped my head from hitting the walkway. 

This happened an hour and a half ago after getting back home from our coffee/breakfast at Denny's in the Flying J. Right now, my shoulders and back are sore. 

I've had some close calls before, but this was the first time I actually went down from slipping on ice. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouchy! Hope you aren’t too sore today

Armand Vaquer said...

Just a little bit. Had a good hot soak in the shower this morning.

Search This Blog