"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, November 17, 2023

Shoot 'Em Up Friday

Above, Victor Gomez watches as Larry Lucier shoots his Henry .22 lever-action rifle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This afternoon was a good one as three of us headed over to the shooting area near our subdivision in Jamestown, New Mexico and did some target shooting.

The shooting area is actually on Cibola National Forest property.

Above, Victor shooting his .410 shotgun. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We mainly concentrated on rifles and shotguns. Larry Lucier also brought a couple of pistols and Victor Gomez brought a shotgun and a .357 revolver.

I started with my Winchester 1894 .30-30 lever-action rifle. Then I switched to my .22 caliber Ruger 10-22 rifle. I had problems with the .22 ammo. They were Fiochi brand cartridges and were beginning to corrode. They jammed twice. After getting home, I dumped the remaining .22 bullets into the trash. I'll have to inspect my ammo, particularly the .22 for any more corroded bullets.

I finished off with shooting three rounds of 12 gauge in my new Remington 870 Express shotgun. It worked just the way I expected it to do. It was easier to handle than the gun I used for skeet shooting last month in Lake Havasu. 

Above, yours truly with the new Remington Model 870 Express. The silhouette
targets at right were what we were shooting at with the rifles. Photo by Larry Lucier.

Larry brought his Remington 870 shotgun. His was a different version than mine and with a wooden stock and a longer barrel. The stock on mine is synthetic. Like me, he never shot his before and I coached him on it. He was surprised how simple it was to operate. 

We were at the shooting area for two hours. We had a lot of fun and the time seemed to go by fast.

No comments:

Search This Blog