"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 2, 2024

Forty Years of ECV

Above, my official "sheepskin" of ECV membership. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I forgot to mention that last month (gettin' old) marked 40 years since I was initiated into the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus.

Glenn Thornhill and I went through the initiation rites at the New Helvetia Chapter No. 5 Crab Feed doins in the Sacramento area in January 1984. 

We were in Sacramento for a friend's wedding and it happened that the chapter had their annual crab feeds that weekend.

Joining ECV was one of the best things I've ever done. I still enjoy going to Clampouts and other activities. Fortunately for me, a Clamper chapter, Lost Dutchman Chapter No.  5917 + 4, covers Arizona and New Mexico. So I've joined them. Prior to moving to New Mexico, I was mainly active in Platrix Chapter No. 2. 

Here's to another 40 years!

No comments:

Search This Blog