"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Winchester 62A Pump Action Rifle

Above, my grandfather's Winchester 62A pump action rifle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before I bought my Ruger 10/22 rifle, I primarily did target-shooting with my maternal grandfather's Winchester 62A .22 pump action rifle in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

The 62A is known as a gallery gun that took .22 short, .22 long and .22 long rifle cartridges. When I shot with it, I used .22 long rifle cartridges.

Based on the rifle's serial number, it was made in 1947. 

It is a good firing gun. The video below will show how easy and quick one can shoot with it. The next time we go shooting (most likely in the spring), I will bring it along. 

No comments:

Search This Blog