"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Monument Valley's North Window and "The Searchers"

Movie locations have held a fascination for me, whether it is Japanese monster locations (I published The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan fourteen years ago) or within the confines of the United States. 

The Facebook page, Film Locations - Then and Now, posted this of Monument Valley. It is of a scene from The Searchers (1956) along with a view from present day.


In October 2022, I took the Sunrise Tour of Monument Valley from Goulding's Lodge. One of our stops was at this location, known as North Window.

The photo below is one that I took of it.


In 2016, I took the afternoon tour. It took us to different locations than the Sunrise Tour. They are both great tours, but I prefer the Sunrise Tour. 

No comments:

Search This Blog