"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Smith & Wesson Model 1854

The latest issue of Guns & Ammo (March 2024) arrived in today's mail.

While thumbing through it, one item caught my attention. It was an ad for Smith & Wesson's new 1854 lever-action rifle.

Here's the ad:


My curiosity aroused, I went to the Smith & Wesson website for some details. The rifle comes in two versions: Model 1854 and Model 1854 (Limited Edition). The regular edition has a synthetic stock, while the Limited Edition has a wood stock. 

According to Smith & Wesson's website: 

In 1854, Smith & Wesson patented their first lever gun, the Volcanic lever-action. Honoring that historic milestone, the classic American lever gun is reborn as the Smith & Wesson 1854 Series, the first to incorporate the feel of our revered large-frame revolver's smooth, crisp action, and clean craftsmanship. Experience the perfect blend of heritage and innovation - experience Smith & Wesson Smooth™

The rifles are only in 44 Magnum. I wonder how the kick is. 

The MSRP for the rifle are $1,279 for the Model 1854 and $3,499 for the 1854 Limited Edition. 

Of the two, I would go for the Limited Edition. But, the price is a bit more than what I would want to pay. I guess I'll stick with my Winchester 1894.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog