"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Convention That Wasn't

Above, the front of Sammy C's Rockin' Sports Pub & Grill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A little while ago, I returned home from Gallup.

I went there to attend the McKinley County Republican Pre-Primary convention at Sammy C's Rockin' Sports Pub & Grill. It is owned by Sammy Cioda, who is a radio announcer at KYAT-FM for Millennium Media. 

Above, the main hallway/lobby of Sammy C's. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I got there, there was nothing to indicate that there would be a convention or any kind of meeting at the announced time of 12:45 PM. So, I went to the bar and ordered a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice). I hadn't had one in years. It was good.

Above, the bar, where a women's breakaway rodeo was shown on the monitors. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I sat down at the bar, Sammy C came in and greeted everyone. He makes it a point to greet his customers. I met him three years ago. We were introduced by Nandoh. 

I wandered around the place to look over Sammy's collection of sports and entertainment memorabilia. It is quite a collection. 

Above, enjoying my screwdriver in the bar.

When 12:45 arrived, I and others asked about it. Sammy said the time was moved to 5:45 this evening. Apparently, the McKinley County GOP didn't tell anyone.

Since we are supposed to get a rain and/or snow shower storm coming in after 2:00, I decided to leave and do some grocery shopping before heading back to Jamestown.

Above, a standee of Sammy C near the main entrance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Although disappointing, it wasn't a wasted trip as I got out of the house and enjoyed looking over Sammy C's memorabilia.

No comments:

Search This Blog