"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

There Goes That Idea!

Above, the section of Interstate 40 directly below my humble abode. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The plan for today was to go east on Interstate 40 to Continental Divide to do some Christmas shopping.

However, when I walked out to The Beast, I noticed that there was a long line of vehicles on the Interstate. I thought that maybe the freeway would open up after the overpass bridge that is being renovated. So I took a chance and headed down.

As I was driving down Whispering Cedars Road, I noticed that the line extended beyond the bridge. I stopped and talked to a New Mexico Department of Transportation guy sitting in his pick-up. I asked him if there was an accident.

Above, a long line of semi trucks beyond the foliage on I-40. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

He said that the shoulder of the road was being re-paved and that is slowing everyone. It is about three miles east of us. That, plus the fact that this section of road is uphill, the semis are not able to make any real speed and slowed down to a crawl.

With all that in mind, I decided to scrub the trek to Continental Divide and head there tomorrow instead. So home I went.

Better luck next time?

No comments:

Search This Blog