"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 17, 2018

Yosemite Above, Below and On The Rocks

Above, Half Dome from North Pines Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Whether or not one has been to Yosemite National Park will find a photo essay on experiencing the park from about, below and on the rocks to be interesting.

The photo essay was posted by Adventure Sports Network and the photographs are just spectacular.

It begins with:
Throughout my life, I've heard whispers about Yosemite National Park. But it wasn't until I moved out to the mountains and began immersing myself in the climbing community and culture, that the destination gained more weight. Now, the allure of the park was too strong to deny. 
I arrived in the light of the full moon on a crisp fall evening. My first vision of the massive Half Dome (4,787 feet tall) appeared lit by moonlight as we descended the windy road into the valley. I've lived through some pretty amazing full moon experiences the past few months (including the Netherlands, and an all-night float through the last stretch of the Grand Canyon ) but entering Yosemite for my introductory pilgrimage was possibly the most spectacular so far.

To read more and see the photographs, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog