"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 14, 2018

Re Aloha Shirts Going Out of Business

Above, the Re Aloha Shirts Store in 2016. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two years ago, in preparation of our vacation trip to Hawaii, I found a store in Westlake Village (near Thousand Oaks), California that sold used Hawaiian shirts at reasonable prices. One of the shirts was the Mustang shirt that I was wearing when I had my heart attack last summer. It was Re Aloha Shirts.

Above, the shirts I bought. They came in handy during New
Mexico's monsoon season this year. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The owner of the store, Craig "CraSH" Hatton posted the following on Facebook:
Mahalo for an Amazing 7 Years! 
I am sad to announce that re Aloha Shirts will be closing at the end of the year. I have been honored to serve up Aloha to the Southern California community during that time. It has been a wonderful experience to personally serve and attend to your Aloha fashion needs. I paddle away knowing that I have had a part of increasing Aloha in the surrounding area. 
I smile at all the stories that you have told me about the shirts and dresses that you have purchased here. I always took great pride in making sure you strolled out of the store looking your Aloha Best. But things eventually come to an end. 
The reason I am closing is that I have been amazing opportunity to work for a new company. I do apologize for such short notice, but I was just recently offered this job. It would be extremely difficult to continue to do the store and pursue this new opportunity with FestiFi. You will be able to reach me at crash@festifi.co after the beginning of the year. 
The store will be closing on December 30th. During this time I will be keeping the store open everyday from 10am to 6pm. (see below for hours) Please come by and I will work you a deal. Got lots of inventory that must go! Stock up on that Aloha Wear that you have been eyeing for a while. 
One last thing, since the internet is forever. For an eulogy to the store, if you could leave a review on Google or Yelp to memorialize the era it would be appreciated. Put your story about the shirt or dress you got here or anything else you would like to say. 
Hours
Will be open everyday till 12/30 from 10 am to 6 pm give or take.
12/24 will be open from 10 am to 3 pm
12/25 will be closed. 
Mahalo and Aloha! 
Craig "CraSH" Hattori
Unfortunately, since I am no longer in California, I can't take advantage of the sale. They are located at:
31139 Via Colinas, Ste 202 (586.27 mi)
Westlake Village, California 91362
This is the second small business in a month to announce a closing that I liked. The other was Distant Lands Bookstore & Outfitters in Pasadena.

No comments:

Search This Blog