"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 17, 2018

Tips For RVing and Camping In The Snow

Above, The Beast at Red Rock Park near Gallup, New Mexico. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Twice this year I spent some time in my RV during snow season.

First, it was out of necessity earlier this year as I had to live in my RV after moving to New Mexico for 12 days while waiting for the movers to deliver my stuff. Second, I went camping to see the Red Rock Balloon Rally near Gallup, but a snowstorm dumped snow on the campground.

Each time, I had no problems with freezing plumbing or tanks. Luckily, I have a good ceramic space heater to heat the living quarters and the holding tanks have built-in heaters.

For the novice, camping in the snow is a challenge, but an article from Do It Yourself RV with seven tips will help make the experience more enjoyable.

They begin with:
Being a snowbird can be fun, but for some RVers, winters in Florida and the desert eventually get boring. When done properly, RVing in a cold location can be just as fun and rewarding. 
Below are 7 tried and true tips that I’ve learned after spending my first RV winter in the mountains of Washington.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog