"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 10, 2018

A Brit's Visit To Monument Valley

Above, the left Mitten and rock formations in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

British columnist Jimmy Cricket (yes, I know, but that's his name) paid a visit to Monument Valley and was fully enchanted with it.

The Lancashire Post as an article on Cricket's trip.

It reads, in part:
As I gazed upon it, it all came back to me. The countless times I sat in the cinema when I was growing up in Belfast watching the Cavalry ride across that landscape. It was the Hollywood director John Ford who seemed to get the best shots of Monument Valley, whether it is the Oscar winning black and white movie, Stagecoach, trundling through the Valley covered in snow, or the full Cinemascope colour of The Searchers, where John Wayne sets out to rescue his niece Debbie, who had been taken hostage by the Indians. 
As I got older I realised how awesome the scenery was.  
As my friend the late great comedy writer Eddie Braben said of John Ford: “Jimmy, every shot he took was an oil painting.”

Read more at: https://www.lep.co.uk/news/every-shot-he-took-was-an-oil-painting-the-best-of-monument-valley-1-9481593

No comments:

Search This Blog