"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Holiday Travel

Above, the lobby of the Sunport International Airport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Flying during the Christmas holiday will be a new experience for me. It is expected to be crowded at the nation's airports.

Fortunately for me, I will be flying out of a small city (Albuquerque) and arriving at an airport in California that is not LAX. Thank goodness! Also, I am getting more familiar with the set-up of the Sunport International Airport. If I have plenty of time on my hands once I get there, I might go have a glass of Alien Amber Ale while waiting for my flight at the Rio Grande Brew Pub & Grill.

Upon arrival at my destination airport, I will be taking a rental car to my cousin's in the Lake Elsinore area. Hopefully, the rental will be large enough to accommodate my suitcase, dubbed "The Monolith". I think this will be the first time using it since the Hawaii trip two years ago.

KOB 4 News reported:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – People in New Mexico are packing up and heading out of town for the holidays. 
Sunport International Airport officials are projecting the busiest day to be the day after Christmas. 
“This whole travel period for the holidays is busier than we normally see throughout the year,” said Stephanie Kitts, a spokesperson for the Sunport. 
That means parking lots may fill up, walkways may be crowded and TSA lines may take longer. 
“We’re seeing a different traveler at the holiday. We’re seeing somebody who maybe hasn't traveled a lot and isn’t familiar with the rules they don’t know maybe that liquids and gels are restricted,” said Maggie Santiago with TSA New Mexico. 
Santiago said wait times will take longest during those peak flight times around 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. But at all times, it's best to plan ahead by two or more hours.

Hopefully, the RV parking lot at the Sunport International Airport will have plenty of room for The Beast.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog