"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

"New Mexico Kicks On Route 66"



For something to do this afternoon (retirement is wonderful), I took an 8-mile drive to Continental Divide to the Indian Market to do some browsing.

Indian Market has all kinds of Native American goods such as blankets, wind chimes, clothing, jewelry, kachinas, pottery and Route 66 souvenirs. I did all my Christmas shopping there last year.



I was about to leave empty-handed when I spotted a rack of books. One of them was a book on Route 66 titled, New Mexico Kicks On Route 66 (2016, Rio Nuevo Publishers). The author: Martin Link. It is at Link's home in Gallup that we have our monthly dinner gatherings. I figured since I know the author, I'd get the book and have him sign it at next month's dinner (I am missing this month's dinner as I will be in "Cuber"* at the time).

Small world!

It is an interesting book tailored for fans of Historic Route 66 and is loaded with photographs by Larry Lindahl.

Barnes & Noble has the book available for $9.97. To order, go here.

*As President Kennedy once referred to Cuba during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

No comments:

Search This Blog