"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 29, 2019

Cigar City USA and El Meson de Pepe Bar

Above, Mark Cesani and his Cigar City USA Indian. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While in Key West, Florida last week, I stopped at the Cigar City USA store to get a couple of cigars.

During my time at the store, I had a lengthy conversation with manager Mark Cesani about cigars and cigar store Indians. His Indian caught my attention as it was about five feet tall. He said he paid $3,000 for it. He isn't worried about anyone stealing it as it is quite heavy. It stands at the entrance to his store from the El Meson de Pepe restaurant and bar.

I showed him photos of my cigar store Indian and he said I got a good deal for mine.

He had a good selection of cigars and I found his prices to be reasonable.

Above, the El Meson de Pepe bar. Yes, one can smoke cigars at this bar! Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following our visit, I headed to the El Meson de Pepe bar for some margaritas and to smoke one of the cigars I bought at Cigar City USA. Since the Key West area is considered to be Jimmy Buffett territory, I thought having a couple of margaritas would be appropriate. Buffett has recorded at a small studio near the marina.

Above, one of Key West's inhabitants wandering around the El Meson de Pepe restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Throughout Key West, there are chickens running loose everywhere, and that included this restaurant. El Meson de Pepe serves Cuban cuisine.

After my cigar and margarita break, I did some more wandering around.

No comments:

Search This Blog