"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Night In Albuquerque

Above, my hotel room's decor. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The first part of my trip this week will be completed tomorrow.

Today, I dropped off The Beast to the repair shop to have the dash air conditioning vacuum leak fixed. It manifested itself last summer during the Wells, Nevada trip. Since the shop needs a week to diagnose the problem, this would be a good time to get it done. I'll pick it up when I get back.

Then, after that, I checked into my hotel room. Instead of sitting around there, I headed off to Ron Peterson Firearms in Albuquerque and bought a 1962 Winchester Model 94 rifle. Got it for a good price. Unlike Commiefornia, the background check was instant, which allows customers to take their purchases with them. No more 10-day waits!

I had dinner at a Waffle House (breakfast for dinner). It has been over 30 years since I last ate at a Waffle House.

Now to relax before my flight to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to meet up with Mitch Geriminsky and catch our cruise ship for Key West and Havana. I was checking on cigar prices in Cuba and it doesn't appear I'll be buying that many. They are the same price as premium cigars in the U.S., roughly $8.00 each. Since I found that out, I went ahead and bought the Winchester.

Back home, I have a cat-sitter for Sierra. So she'll be fine.

No comments:

Search This Blog