"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Winchester 94

Above, the Winchester Model 94 lever action rifle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I reported yesterday, upon return to New Mexico from the Key West/Cuba cruise, I had to stay a night in Albuquerque to pick up The Beast from the Ford dealer and, following that, my Winchester 94 rifle from Ron Peterson's Firearms.

I bought the rifle over a week ago on layaway. This way, the gun shop would hold it until my return.  It wouldn't do to try to bring the rifle on the plane to Fort Lauderdale (and back) or onto the ship. This also served the purpose for me in case I overspent on the trip and could pay the remaining amount later. But that turned out not to be necessary as I had plenty of cash on hand.

I also bought a box of 30-30 Winchester cartridges.

Above, 30-30 cartridges. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting the rifle, I noticed a couple of stuffed elk heads in back of a pick-up truck. There's a taxidermy next door to the gun shop and I was amused by the two heads. They appeared to be looking skyward. So I couldn't resist taking the photo below.

Above, in the parking lot in back of Ron
Peterson's Firearms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog