"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 12, 2019

Sen. Lindsey Graham and "Red Flag Law"



This evening, I sent Sen. Lindsey Graham an email on the topic of a nationwide "red flag" gun confiscation law. Graham is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee who is considering a nationwide "red flag law".

As I was subjected to a vengeful ex three years ago when she filed a false restraining order on me that included the provision that I surrender my firearms to either the police (which I did) or to a licensed gun dealer, my experience (which I told him about) should be taken into consideration by the committee.

While the whole process ultimately ended in my favor and I was able to get all my firearms back, it still cost me some money to do so.

What I told Sen. Graham, since the senate seems hellbent on passing a "red flag law", I urged that provisions in such a law should include reimbursement of all costs incurred by the wronged party by the vindictive "settle a score" party who filed the false restraining order. I also suggested punitive damages be included. This is the only way to prevent similar abuses of the law that I experienced.

We'll see if I get a response and what it may be.

******************
UPDATE:

Right after posting this, I received the following email:
Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you.  
Due to the large volume of mail I receive, I regret that I am only able to respond personally to inquiries from South Carolinians.  
As we continue our work in the 116th Congress, I look forward to supporting our troops in the War on Terror, repairing our economy and creating jobs, strengthening Social Security, lowering the tax burden on American families, and making the federal government more accountable and efficient.  
If your correspondence pertains to a scheduling request, please fax your request to (202) 224-3808.  
Sincerely,

Lindsey Graham 

2 comments:

BunnyH said...

I totally agree with you. The reason I saw your post is because Graham is our Senator and this email goes to everyone apparently. I want to use his "accountability" phrase in an email I am sending to a staff member in his office.

Armand Vaquer said...

Sen. Graham has been a better senator since John McCain's influence is gone.

Search This Blog