"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Cuba Cruise Done

Above, yours truly after we arrived in Havana Harbor.

The cruise is now over. We got back to Fort Lauderdale this morning after sailing all the way from Havana, Cuba.

The only photos I can post at present are ones from my cell phone. For some odd reason, I didn't pack the cable that transfers photos from my Canon camera to the computer.

My initial impressions.


Above, Cigar City USA in Key West. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Key West was a fun place. I enjoyed wandering around the town and had a great conversation on cigars and cigar store Indians with Mark Cesani, manager of Cigar City USA. Then, next door to Cigar City, I had a couple of margaritas at the El Meson de Pepe. Cesani said I got a good deal ($450) on my cigar store Indian. His cost $3,000.

I did take a tour of the Hemingway Home and the Shipwreck Museum while in Key West.

Above, your truly at the El Meson de
Pepe restaurant and bar in Key West.

The next day we headed off to Havana, Cuba. I was not surprised to see a drab place. The buildings in the city don't look like they've been cleaned, painted or had any kind of maintenance for years. Our tour guide said that they haven't been maintained really since the collapse of the Soviet Union and the "money spigot" to Cuba dried up.

Above, the package containing 6 Montecristo No. 2 cigars. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the bottle of Cuban rum I bought. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was interesting seeing the old 1950s cars on the streets, many of which I haven't seen since I was a kid.

We did stop at the El Morro Castle to do some cigar and run shopping before heading to a flea market and our ship.

Above, one of the nightly entertainers by the glass elevators. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Cuban people were nice and friendly towards us, which is not surprising since our beef is with their communist government and not with them.

Majesty of the Seas, our cruise ship of Royal Caribbean, was a decent and comfortable ship. It is about 28 years old. The staff were quite friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and we had some good entertainment. I would take another cruise with them again.

Above, the grand finale to last night's show in the ship's theater. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog