"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 29, 2019

Back From The Cuba Cruise

Above, yours truly and Mitch Geriminsky at the terminal in Havana Harbor. 

After nine days since I left home, I am finally back home in Jamestown, New Mexico.

Along with a bottle of Cuban rum and a dozen Cuban cigars (Montecristo No. 2), I also picked up some sort of bug that has me still a little congested.

I got into Albuquerque yesterday afternoon and stayed at the Super 8 motel near the Albuquerque International Sunport. I had to stay a night in order to pick up The Beast and my Winchester 94 this morning. The Beast was in the shop at Rich Ford to fix the air conditioning vacuum leak (they found evidence of rodents chewing some of the lines).

Above, our ship, Majesty of the Seas, docked in Havana Harbor. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once both items were picked up, I headed on the road. It was a hassle getting out of Albuquerque as the New Mexico Dept. of Transportation had blocked three lanes for pothole repairs. It took me a half hour to go five miles due to the traffic jam.

My friend Mitch Geriminsky is heading back to Lake Havasu today from Fort Lauderdale.

I can report that Sierra was very happy to see me back. This just may be one of the last cruises to Cuba for a while, according to news reports.

I just uploaded the photographs from the trip and they total 265 photos. 

No comments:

Search This Blog