"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 5, 2019

First Independence Day At Home

Above, the flags in the front yard yesterday. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Independence Day came and went.

For me, it was the first Independence Day around home. Last year, Jess and I went to Roswell for the UFO Festival. I spent last evening with friends up the hill at dinner (roast chicken, homemade pumpkin pie and rolls) and had an enjoyable time. Everyone liked the Robert Mondavi Merlot wine I brought (perfect for roast chicken, according to the label).

Since there's a lot of brush in the area, there were no fireworks going off. But then, I ended up going to bed at 9:30 (I didn't overeat, but had a slight food coma anyway). The Flying J sells fireworks all year as does the Indian Market at the Continental Divide, about eight miles east. At least we have our own dedicated McKinley County fire department down the hill for quick responses.

For the rest of July, it will involve traveling. I'll be going to Albuquerque to take care of a few things this coming weekend in preparation for G-FEST later next week and then heading north to Wells, Nevada for the Wells Fun Run and Jackson, Wyoming for some whitewater rafting later in the month.

I checked with my cousin (she called me, actually) and everyone rode out the Ridgecrest earthquake in fine shape. That was an interesting way to celebrate the Fourth of July, to say the least.

No comments:

Search This Blog