"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, July 27, 2019

One Year Ago...

Above, your truly being put into the air ambulance helicopter. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

It was one year ago today that I had my last helicopter ride. Only that time was not for pleasure.

I was flown from Bella's Restaurant & Espresso in Wells, Nevada to St. Luke's Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho after having a heart attack. After arriving at the hospital's heliport, I was whisked into the hospital where I had two stents put into a coronary artery. Fortunately for me, quick action by Mitch Geriminsky, the restaurant and the paramedics were taken. No heart muscle damage occurred.

The scar on my wrist (where the stent gizmo entered my artery) has disappeared.

It is said, "When you go to Wells, you're never the same." Well, I can vouch for that!

Above, a few hours after the stent procedure. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

It is interesting that this happened on this date as it was also the first anniversary of my cousin Ralph's passing from a heart attack. I am thinking of him today as well. In the months prior to his passing, we were hanging out and going to different used record stores (like Amoeba Music in Hollywood) and rummaging around. Today marks two years since his passing and I vividly remember that day since I was the one in the family first notified by the sheriff's office.

This year, things are working out much better (at least, so far) for me. 

No comments:

Search This Blog