"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

T.C.B. In Gallup

Above, Fabian's first dance of the evening. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tonight was an evening in Gallup for me. The weather was perfect (warm and clear with a slight breeze).

First, I headed to Zen Steak and Sushi for a sushi dinner. I was craving it and it is a beneficial meal for those who have heart issues.

Above, Shelley and Fabian. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following that, I headed over to the Gallup Coffee Co., a little latte shop for a mocha and to let my meal digest a bit.

From there, I headed over to the McKinley County Courthouse Plaza for tonight's Indian dancing. Performing tonight were Shelley and Fabian of the Zuni Pueblo. I saw them last summer and enjoyed their performance. I wasn't disappointed tonight either.

Above, Shelley got some of the audience ladies up for a swan dance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

My main reason for attending was to get contact information for Indian dancing groups for the upcoming Lost Dutchman Chapter, E Clampus Vitus plaque dedication at the El Rancho Hotel on August 10. I spoke with one of the Chamber of Commerce volunteers about getting a dancing group and it was good thing I did. She said that her roommate handles the dancers for the Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial (that's going to take place at the same time as the plaque dedication). Most of the Ceremonial's dancing will be during the evening hours, our plaque dedication will be in the morning. We exchanged information. I will be giving her a call on Friday (since tomorrow is a holiday).

She also said it wouldn't be a good idea to approach the Indian dancing groups directly, it is better to go though her roommate Teri.

Above, Shelley, Fabian and audience members up for the circle dance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After the Indian dancing and taking care of business, I headed off to Albertson's market to pick up some wine for a dinner party tomorrow night that I was invited to.

All in all, it was a pretty good evening and I didn't get bogged down in construction-related traffic!

No comments:

Search This Blog