"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Some G-FEST XXVI Reunions

Above, Yoshikazu Ishii and the poster to his new movie,
Attack of the Giant Teacher. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

G-FEST XXVI is now in the history books. This was the first G-FEST I've attended since 2009. There's been a lot of changes and, generally, all for the better.

It is still a fan-run convention and very family-friendly, just bigger.

I managed to see a number of people who I haven't seen in years (some, for many years) and the reunions have been enjoyable as we'd catch up on life's twists and turns.

Friends include Steve Ryfle, Archie Waugh (who created the cover to The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan), Lenell Bridges, Jeff Horne, Stan Hyde, Jessica Tseang, Sonoe Nakajima, Gary Guinn, Carol McCants (who, as I found out, lives in New Mexico), the Martin Arlts, Dave Nunes, Roger Wyatt, Yoshikazu Ishii (I last saw him four years ago in Tokyo at the dinner party I held) and many others.

Some I met for the first time, even though some are friends on Facebook, including Tony Isabella and Tetsuya Takarada.

Some remembered me, but I am perplexed when I try to remember some names (that's always been a curse of mine). One fellow, Melvin and I had a long and enjoyable discussion about the Silver Age Legion of Super-Heroes. I think his last name is Moore. (If it isn't, sorry, Melvin!)

Robert Scott Field was unable to attend due to a schedule conflict and his presence was missed.

Some photos:

Above, Stan Hyde. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Diane Dougherty of Clawmark Toys. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Steve Ryfle and Jessica Tseang. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, "Prince Archie" Waugh. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Lenell Bridges and Armand.

Above, Jessica Tseang and Armand. Photo by Steve Ryfle.

No comments:

Search This Blog