"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Mesa Ridge Ranch and Ruins

Above, Lot 13 at Mesa Ridge Ranch. It look like work has started
 getting the lot prepared for construction. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After relaxing at home for a couple of hours after our usual gathering at Denny's in the Flying J, I decided to take a drive in the Jeep.

First, I headed down to the Flying J to vacuum the front passenger and driver's side floors. They needed it.

Above, the Jeep in front of Lot 13. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Afterwards, I headed up Mesa Ridge Ranch's Maverick Road to the gate that separates the subdivision and Cibola National Forest. Along the way, I didn't see any activity, although there was evidence that work had been done here and there.

Above, the road beyond the gate into Cibola National Forest and Lot 13 at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I got to the gate at the end of the road, I noticed that the parcel next to the gate (Lot 13) had been worked on. It is one of the parcels that has been sold. It looks like workers are preparing the lot for construction. The lot is a nice one. It is on a hill that overlooks a valley in Cibola National Forest. If I were to want to buy a lot there, this would be the lot I'd buy.

Above, the ruins of the former restaurant/gasoline station's restrooms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After taking some pictures, I headed back down the hill towards our access road near Interstate 40. A few yards from our access road sits the ruins of what was a gasoline station and restaurant. I noticed the gate to it was open, so I drove in. The only building standing is the former restrooms. The restaurant and gas station has been long closed. It probably served travelers on Route 66, before Interstate 40 was built.

Many of the locals say that the place has been closed for decades, at least 40 years.

Above, another view of the ruins. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After taking some photos, I headed out and back into our subdivision (Whispering Cedars) and home.

No comments:

Search This Blog