"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Roamin' Around

Above, at Whispering Cedars Road and Six Mile Canyon Road (left, background). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since it is a nice 64° out, I figured I'd give the Jeep a little exercise by driving around the community.

First, I headed down to the Flying J to pick up some AA batteries for my Canon Powershot camera.

Above, the Six Mile Canyon sign at the road's entrance is a bit weather-beaten. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

With that done, I just took a drive around Whispering Cedars. I went up the hill and then headed back down to where Six Mile Canyon Road starts and where the community bulletin board is located.

Six Mile Canyon Road runs parallel along Interstate 40 (west from the entrance) for about a mile or so before turning south to go into Cibola National Forest and Six Mile Canyon.

Above, the Jeep at the community bulletin board. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Along with giving the Jeep some exercise, I took the opportunity to drive around in order to keep the battery fully charged, since we've been having freezing temperatures during the past two nights, which isn't good for car batteries.

Above, a view of Whispering Cedars Road looking south. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Right now, I'm just taking a break before heading out again. 

No comments:

Search This Blog