"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Harpooning and Hungarian Goulash

Above, the sign advertising Hungarian goulash. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Most of today was spent in Gallup at my doctor's office for my annual check-up.

Last week, I was seen for a check-up by my cardiologist. Today's check-up was with my general physician.

This all entailed some lab work.

Above, inside Earl's Family Restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

At the lab, I had to wait almost an hour to get blood drawn. After that, I ran into Nandoh in the lobby and sat with him until being called in for my flu and pneumonia vaccinations. He was there for a physical.

After I was done, he asked, "All done getting harpooned?" After which, Nandoh was called in for his appointment.

All this made me hungry. So I headed to Earl's Family Restaurant to have some lunch. When I walked into the restaurant, I saw their specials board advertising Hungarian goulash. I've been craving it and we recently had a discussion at Facebook about it. I haven't had any since my mom died, nearly 10 years ago.

Above, the Hungarian goulash lunch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The goulash was good, although a bit thicker than I remembered how my mom made it. I'd go back for it again.

When I left the restaurant, I noticed that they were advertising it under their big sign. I didn't see it when I pulled in. I took a photo of it, at top.

After lunch, I headed homeward, but stopped at the Flying J to get my mail. I figured that I wouldn't be in the mood to cook tonight, so the lunch would also serve as an early dinner.

I was going to do some Jeep driving, but my arms are too sore from the blood drawing and the vaccinations. Maybe tomorrow.

The bandage on where the blood was drawn was wrapped very tight with some sort of tape at the bend of my elbow. If I didn't know better, I could swear the nurse used duct tape. 

No comments:

Search This Blog