"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, October 12, 2019

OHV Road Exploring In Cibola National Forest

Above, a few miles beyond the fork in the road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a break, I headed out again in the Jeep for some OHV driving.

I took Six Mile Canyon Road from Jamestown and drove to the entrance to Six Mile Canyon. At the entrance there's a fork in the road (When you get to the fork in the road, take it! - Yogi Berra).

Instead of veering left and into Six Mile Canyon, I headed instead to the right. This road goes into another canyon area (name unknown and I couldn't find any reference to it) of Cibola National Forest. I decided to explore it a little. Apparently, it eventually goes to McGaffey.

I drove in for a few miles before turning around.

The only living things I saw were two cows relaxing under some trees.

I figured I would drive as much as I could before the winter snowstorms start and before the forest service closes Six Mile Canyon on December 15.

It was a nice little dirt road drive (perfect for OHV driving) and without the stupid 2-3" rocks the Forest Service put down on Six Mile Canyon Road.

Photos:

Above, a zoom shot of the refinery near Jamestown, Interstate 40
 and the mesa walls in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer..

Above, another fork in the road. I stayed on the road to the left. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Jeep in Cibola National Forest. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, two cows enjoying some shade trees. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, further along the road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, signs at the entrance into Cibola National Forest and Six
 Mile Canyon Road (background, left). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, after returning to the entrance into Cibola National Forest and Six Mile Canyon Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the road I took after returning to Six Mile Canyon Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, driving east on Six Mile Canyon Road to Jamestown. Interstate 40 runs parallel, at left. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog