"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Toys For The Kitties and a Jeep Drive

Above, on the road behind the Flying J that leads to the refinery (behind me). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Although it is very windy here in Jamestown, New Mexico, at least the temperature was in the 50s today.

I decided to take a ride around the area in the Jeep.

Above, a view of the mesas from the road behind the Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before doing so, I fired up the Big Boy Magnum zero-turn mower. It has been about a month or so since I last used it. So, to keep the battery charged, I started it and ran it for a while. It won't be until next year when I use it again. The grass has pretty much stopped growing.

Afterwards, I jumped into the Jeep and drove around, including to the Flying J.

Above, near the I-40 on and off ramps. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Oddly, although the Jeep has a soft-top, I was quite comfortable inside even with one window wide open (if needed, it does have a heater).

During the drive, I noticed that the green hills and fields in the area are no longer green. I guess the plant life is getting ready for winter. Some of my trees have already lost their leaves (the high winds hastened that).

All in all, it was an enjoyable ride.

Above, one of the kittens with a mouse toy. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Earlier today, I had an appointment with a podiatrist in Gallup. While in Gallup, I picked up some toys for the kittens and Sierra. As soon as they (all of them) discovered the catnip mouse toys, they went nuts.

No comments:

Search This Blog