"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Power Outage: Doing Today What I Couldn't Do Yesterday

Above, doing today what I couldn't do yesterday. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Thanks to the five-hours power outage we had yesterday, I am getting stuff done today what I intended to do yesterday.

The outage affected Jamestown, Iyanbito and Church Rock, New Mexico.

The power outage began while I was in the shower. That was no big deal. But afterwards, I had to shave in somewhat darkened conditions. I couldn't use the Mustang since the garage door opener for it was inoperable. So I used the Jeep. The garage door on the Jeep side of the garage is opened manually.

The only thing different I had to do, since there was no power to use the microwave to heat coffee, I migrated for a while to The Beast and used its generator to power my coffeemaker (five-cup) inside. What was left after having a couple of cups, was to bring the rest to the house and whenever I wanted to heat some up, use the stove. Since that's a propane stove, with no power the electronic burner lighting system wouldn't start the burners. So I had to go "old school" and use a match.

Today, I am just about done doing laundry. After that, I will likely take the Jeep out for a drive. 

No comments:

Search This Blog