"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 25, 2020

Arizona-Bound Tomorrow

Above, The Beast after getting back from the Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tomorrow, one of my Jamestown friends and I will be trekking to Winslow, Arizona to get haircuts.

Since Gov. "Malevolent Michelle" Lujan Grisham won't allow barber shops to open in New Mexico, that is our best option. My hair hasn't been this long since my college days. My last haircut was on January 31 when I was en route to home from the Second Amendment Rally in Santa Fe.

I got The Beast all gassed up (since it hasn't gotten much use since January, this'll be a good workout for it) today. Today gas price (with my Good Sam discount) was $1.849/gallon. That made a big difference to my 55 gallon RV tank.

Maybe while we're in Winslow, we might just do some "standing on a corner" for the fun of it and just to say we did it. Perhaps a girl in a flatbed Ford may swing by to take a look.

I was going to do some Jeep driving today, but I decided to relax and do a little yard work instead. For tonight's movie fare, I'll probably watch The Sands of Iwo Jima, starring John Wayne. Wayne garnered his first Academy Award nomination for that movie.

No comments:

Search This Blog