"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 15, 2020

New Jeep Gas Tank

Above, the new Jeep gas tank. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The new gasoline tank for the Jeep arrived today (a day later than what UPS originally scheduled). The tank that's in the Jeep leaks.

The tank was delivered next door to me. I was sitting on the deck when I saw the UPS truck show up at my neighbor's and then left and didn't stop at my place. I initially thought maybe a second UPS truck will show up later with it (two UPS trucks have been known to make deliveries in the community in one day).

But, I received an email from UPS saying that the package was delivered. Well, I decided to go next door to see if the package that arrived there was the tank. Sure enough it was. My neighbor's grandkids were struggling to bring it up their stairs. I asked if they could read the shipping label and, lo and behold, it was addressed to me.

So I lugged it to my place. It was a big, bulky and heavy package.

I opened it up to inspect it and it was the correct tank (for M38A1 Jeeps of the vintage of the one I have). I then called my mechanic and set an appointment to bring the Jeep to the shop on Tuesday.

I bought it through Classic Military Vehicles. Their website is: www.jeep1942.com.

No comments:

Search This Blog