"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 29, 2020

...and It Decides To Rain!

Above, the partially assembled chaise lounge just before I was driven indoors. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The chaise lounge I ordered from Wayfair arrived today.

UPS was the delivery company and, like they did with the gas tank for the Jeep, delivered it next door. It seems that their driver isn't too bright as the neighbor's address is plainly visible at his gate.

I had to go over and get it. But before I did, I took off in the Jeep and found the truck up the hill. Needless to say, I have the driver a good chewing out.

Since I had nothing else to do today, I decided to put the lounge together.

When I ordered it, Wayfair had listed the product as requiring "partial assembly". But, when I got it out of the box, the whole thing had to be assembled. Why can't people order stuff that doesn't require assembly with easy to read instructions? Why can't Wayfair give accurate information on products? The instructions are terrible, just diagrams and very little directions to read.

I got most of it assembled when a thunderstorm decided to arrive in the area. I put most everything away and headed into the house as it began to rain big drops. Before the storm arrived, I was harrassed by gnats. Looks like we're in gnat season for about 2 weeks. Good thing I keep a can of insect repellent in a cigar box on the patio table.

The last major part of the assembly is the crossbar at the foot of the lounge. It will require two people to stretch the fabric to allow for attaching the crossbar.

When all is said and done, I intend to give this item a poor review. I was expecting better.

No comments:

Search This Blog