"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Exploring A Forest Road

Above, the Strawberry Canyon Trail parking lot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I found that the entire length of Six Mile Canyon Road was open. So, I decided to take the drive intended yesterday on the road (Forest Road 162) from Six Mile Canyon Road to State Highway 400 (a mile in length).

The Forest Road 162 itself was very rough in spots and quite jarring. But the scenery of the pine forest was enjoyable along with grassy meadows.

When I reached State Highway 400, I decided to explore about a couple of miles of it. I didn't go all the way to McGaffey Lake, I did go as far as the trailhead for Strawberry Canyon Trail. I stopped in the trailhead parking lot for a few minutes to drink some water and take a few pictures.

While on State Highway 400, I passed by the entrance to McGaffey Campground and found the gate shut and locked.

According to the Forest Service:
For public health and safety, this site is currently closed in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

I really enjoy the McGaffey area. It reminds me of Big Bear in California.

Some photos:


Above, approaching Forest Road 162 from Six Mile Canyon Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, westbound on Forest Road 162. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, approaching the end of Forest Road 162 at State Highway 400. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, at the Strawberry Canyon Trail trailhead parking lot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, eastbound on Forest Road 162 heading back to Six Mile Canyon Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Strawberry Canyon Trail trailhead parking lot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Strawberry Canyon Trail trailhead parking lot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog