"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 11, 2020

Next Project: Deck Repair

Above, the board that collapsed from wood rotted support. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, while talking to Nandoh after getting new pads into the swamp cooler, a new problem manifested itself when a short deck board collapsed under my feet, sending me down about a foot and a half.

The wood support for the board was shot from severe wood rot. It just flaked apart.

So, today I went to Home Depot to get some supplies to repair and support the board. All I have to do is get a block of wood cut to size before beginning repairs.

Eventually, I will probably have to replace the entire deck, given the weather extremes we have here.

No comments:

Search This Blog