"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 8, 2020

Stimulus Check and "Checkpoint Charlie"

Above, approaching "Checkpoint Charlie" in Gallup on Route 66. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Finally, at long last, my stimulus check arrived in today's mail.

I had a feeling that it would arrive today after a friend in Albuquerque got hers yesterday and the IRS website's Get My Payment site said that both of our checks were to be mailed May 1.

Above, Christmas after having her carrot treats today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On the way to the post office at the Flying J, I stopped and gave Christmas and one of the other horses across the road from her some carrots. I took the Jeep so I could gas it up for some driving. But since the check arrived, I needed to put it back into the garage and take the Mustang to the bank in Gallup.

Getting through "Checkpoint Charlie" on Historic Route 66 wasn't as easy as the other day. This time, the Gestapo, oops, the New Mexico State Police officer, was trying to tell me that only Gallup residents within the city's boundary are allowed in. I told him I was let in two days before with no problem and that Jamestown is considered a part of the greater Gallup area. I told him I need to make a deposit at the bank. Finally, he relented and let me in (he probably figured I wasn't backing down).

So, after depositing the check, I headed back home. I then ordered a new gasoline tank for the Jeep. The tank that's in it leaks. Since I am paying for it with the stimulus money, it is being put to its intended use. Two companies will be benefiting: the seller of the tank and my mechanic, who will be installing it.

Hopefully, Malevolent Michelle won't extend the Gallup lockdown beyond Sunday. But I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

No comments:

Search This Blog