"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Tee Pee Trading Post and Gallup

Above, Tee Pee Trading Post in Lupton, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I headed down to the Flying J to see if my shipment of cigars (Oliva Serie G) arrived.

The USPS Tracking on it hasn't been updated since April 28.

Sure enough, the package hadn't arrived. I called Tee Pee Trading Post in Lupton, Arizona (they have the best selection of cigars in the region and they're just at the state line) to see if they were open. Luckily, they were. So I headed from the Flying J to the trading post. They are only 40 miles away from Jamestown.

I have requested an USPS investigation on what happened to my package. It should have arrived already since I pay extra for expedited delivery.

Above, Tee Pee Trading Post. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I got there, I thought it odd that they were open for business as usual, then I caught myself. They're in Arizona, not New Mexico! That makes all the difference in the world.

So I picked up about 24 stogies (of various brands) and headed back home.

About an hour or so before, the governor put the entire city of Gallup on lockdown, allegedly due to a big spike in coronavirus infections. While driving to Gallup en route to Lupton, I noticed state police stationed at different locations, mainly at the off-ramps into town from Interstate 40. People can still drive through Gallup on I-40. It is really getting to look like a police state around here with the state police and National Guard stationed at different locations.

I am glad that I didn't buy a home in town! Being about 20 miles outside of town was the better option, and it is even more so now.

No comments:

Search This Blog