"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Today's Drive

Above, up ahead is what one might say is the major fork in the road. The road turning left
goes to the mountaintop I was at a couple of days ago and the road turning right goes on to the
 campground area I explored today and to the grassy valley and, eventually, to McGaffey.
 Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After listening to El Rushbo and doing some yard work, I headed out to Six Mile Canyon in the Jeep for some driving. The weather was perfect for it.

Above, in the distance is the mountain I drove up to two days ago. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This time, I headed into a different camping area of Cibola National Forest. The campsites are generally cleared areas with no amenities. Some, if one is lucky, do have rock fire rings made by previous campers. Right now, no campfires are allowed due to the current dry conditions. That'll change in a month or so when monsoon season arrives.

There were some workers working on Six Mile Canyon Road. I saw a couple of other recreational drivers in the canyon. But otherwise, I pretty much had the place to myself.

Above, on the road in the camping area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did see some interesting squirrels. They were large and blue/grey in color with long tufted ears. I did some checking and the closest I could find were a species called Albert's Squirrel. The ones I saw (two of them) didn't seem to have the white front and underside (from what I was able to see), but the ears are right.

Here's one:

Above, Albert's squirrel. Photo by The Journal.


I spent about an hour in the canyon looking around. Nice way to spend some social distancing time.

No comments:

Search This Blog