"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Barking Spider Acre Mowed

Above, the GOCO Beast Barn and Barking Spider Acre after mowing. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since we got a little soaking on Monday (one friend said his rain gauge recorded 1/4 inch), I thought I'd best get the Barking Spider Acre mowed. I had been watching Bo across the street doing some mowing and very little dust was kicked up.

So, I got out the Bad Boy 0-turn mower out and proceeded to mow.

Above, Barking Spider Acre. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

All went fine until I got stuck along the road at the edge of the drainage ditch. I got the Jeep over and used a new chain I bought a few months ago to pull the mower out of the ditch. It took only one try and I was back to mowing in a few minutes (I was 95% done anyway).

After I was done, I headed down to the Flying J to pick up my mail. Once I got back from that, I popped open a bottle (I eventually had two of them) of Alien Amber Ale. Refreshing!

Above, it's Alien time!

We are supposed to get more rain this week (fingers crossed). That should help green things up around here.

3 comments:

J.D. Lees said...

Why is it that such things as getting stuck or equipment breakdowns always occur when the job is about 95% done?? Maybe we can call that "Armand's Law."

J.D. Lees said...

Also, I have to ask, do the barking spiders keep you awake at night?

Armand Vaquer said...

Getting stuck is a common occurrence around here. I was ready for it. I had the Jeep out of the garage and have a new towing chain.

Since New Mexico is the "Chile Capital of the World", it is inevitable to have barking spiders around. No, they don't wake me. - A.

Search This Blog