"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Trying Out Amtrak

Above, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy in Berth Marks (1929).

Today will be a first for me.

I will be taking an Amtrak train to California to attend my aunt's memorial service. She passed away on April 4 and, due to COVID-19, her memorial had been delayed until now.

The only trains I've been on in the U.S. were either subway trains or amusement trains (such as the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad). It will be interesting to see how Amtrak compares to trains I've been on in Japan (definitely not as fast as their Shinkansens).

I am not going to bother getting a berth on the sleeper car. If I did, would have visions of Stan and Ollie in Berth Marks (1929).

Sierra will be well taken care of as I have a cat/house sitter during the trip.

No comments:

Search This Blog