"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Ted Newsom, 1952 - 2020


Above, Ted Newsom seems shocked to be in a photo with a conservative at the 2012 Monsterpalooza..

I was saddened to learn this morning that actor, producer, writer, film historian and an inductee to the Classic Horror Film Board's Monster Kid Hall of Fame (did I miss anything?), Ted Newsom has passed away at 67 from cancer yesterday.

Above, Jack Larson (left) chats with Ted Newsom and Jim Beaver at the Adventures of Superman luncheon in 2014. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We last communicated a few months ago and he indicated that he wasn't doing too well. We commiserated over our ailments and I gave him some words of encouragement. Based on that conversation, it didn't come as a surprise to hear of his passing. Still, 67 is too young to go to the "Golden Hills".

I last saw him at the Adventures of Superman plaque dedication and luncheon back in 2014. I posted back in January 2015 that he was on the mend after lung surgery that removed 1/3 of a lung. I sent him a link to it and he thanked me.

Above, Ted Newsom and Armand at the 2014 Adventures of Superman plaque dedication in Tarzana, California.

Although he and I were poles opposite politically, he had a rare quality (for a liberal) of a great wit and knew his stuff about horror and science fiction. We still got along and swapped political jokes. He got a kick out of an Anthony Weiner joke I told him.

He will be missed.

No comments:

Search This Blog