"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 12, 2022

Classic Rock Music Monday

The stuff that now passes as "music", particularly rock 'n roll, leaves me cold. So, to start off the week, here's a video of a classic rock artist. 

To start off this week, we have Eagles and their classic hit, "Take It Easy". 

Of course, I would be remiss not to mention that some of the lyrics in the song inspired the city of Winslow, Arizona to erect a park on Historic Route 66.

The lyrics:

Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona

Such a fine sight to see

It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat-bed Ford

Slowin' down to take a look at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe

I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me

We may lose and we may win, though we will never be here again

So open up I'm climbin' in, so take it easy

Two years ago, I visited Winslow and the park and had this photo taken while there:

Above, yours truly at the "Standin' On The Corner" park. Photo by Russell Azbill.

No comments:

Search This Blog